Monday, May 21, 2007

Ugh - Monday!

Well today was a crazy work day! I just couldn't get a minute away to stamp until tonight so I did a quick card...this sketch was on my mind for today and it just happened that the technique challenge was a perfect fit to coordinate with my original idea! The challenge is found here:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250856 Crayon resist...


and my card:All images/sentiments by DRS Designs, http://www.drsdesigns.com/

I stamped the flower image on the blue panel first, cut it and its outline out, then stamped it again on white and cut just the flower itself out. I used my white crayon (I would have preferred a sharp one but luckily the one dd was able to find was almost full size and not a tiny broken stub like the rest of the crayons!) I sponged on cameo coral and then wiped the ink off the crayon areas...I used regular white card stock for this one...rather than glossy just to see how it would work! Not too bad!! I popped the flower with left over stamp rubber. The rest of the card is pretty simple...I paper pierced and faux stitched around the outside and added some faux brads on the left. These were made with a regular ol' hole punch that we used to use for stuff other than cards...remember those days?!

Well, it's almost 10pm here on the east coast...I wish I had more to say and the energy to say/type it...but I'm pooped...I do feel a blog candy giveaway coming up soon though so... stay tuned...

See you soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails