Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Colorful Tuesday...

Today was the color challenge over on SCS - certainly celery, eggplant and ruby red...here is my submission...


Today was one of those stamping days where things just did not flow freely!! I had a completely different card with different stamps in mind and completely trashed that idea! This was my next one! I decided to use my new two step stamps from DRS Designs, www.drsdesigns.com, with the wet watercolor technique that was one of last weeks challenges. I spritzed my white paper and stamped, but it seemed to dry really fast. The red bled but the purple...not so much! I like it but am torn between thinking it looks ok and that it looks a little messy...like I spilled something on it!! What do you think?
I was determined not to scrap this one so I kept going...I added the scalloped panel on the side - made the scallops with my SU! slit punch and then punced holes in the tabs...I pierced and faux stitched with my white gel pen. I decided to keep with the rounded edges and just rounded the two outer edges. I added some ribbon and my sentiment is mounted on a cuttlebug slider. The purple background is stamped with my polka dot stamp in eggplant. I added some dazzling diamonds to the flower centers to finish it off.

I wish I could have accomplished more today - still have all those end of year gifts to plow through - maybe tomorrow! I can't wait to use my one and only Bella stamp - I found one that looks just like dd#2's teacher!!! She is getting married shortly after school ends so I thought it might be nice to make her some note cards with her new name (and stamped image of herself!)! Stay tuned...my plan is to complete them tomorrow since the end of year party is next week!! Yikes!

See you soon...

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Fabulous job Cathy! This was SO hard for me and you've made it look easy!

Kelly said...

Beautiful card great job on the challenge!

PaperSunshine said...

I absolutely love all of your cards! I just checked out your blog and you are very talented! The attention to detail and color and use of stamps - all great!

Kristine said...

That's GORGEOUS!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails