Monday, June 4, 2007

Here we go...

trying to play catch up again!! I finished my military set as promised...yesterday! I got too busy assembling and stuffing my new storage unit from Target yesterday to post though...sorry! I have a bunch to share with you today though, because of that! (Do I feel better organized now - not really? If anything adding storage to streamline things makes me realize how much stuff I have and how I better get on the stick creating or my stuff and I, might just crash right through the ceiling into the garage!!!)
So...here is the military set:
All images are by DRS Designs, dry embossed areas courtesy of my cuttlebug folders...



One for each branch of the service...here are the individual cards...
Army:


Navy:



Air Force:



Marines:


A simple layout - I love this pledge stamp...I tried to do a different embossed panel on each but still trying to keep the theme of the branch of the service...the circles are cut with my CM cutting system. The brads are MM antiqued brads.

Next up is an altered frame for dd's girl scout leader...she is "retiring" at the end of the school year - this will be part of her group gift (with a photo of the girls and her inside!) The frame is an unfinished one found at Michaels. The paper (so cool!) is DCWV - and is heavy and pre-glittered. Basically, the paper does all the work on this! I adhered it to the frame so that the thin side had an element that was already on the paper and saved me having to add any embellishment to that particular side.


The silk flowers are from my stash - the button in the center is from a Marcella by K7 Co pack that I found at my local $ store. I found the ribbon at Michaels...I adhered the ribbon with two sided tape and cut it along the edges of the frame. I thought I might have a hard time getting the glass and backing back in if I wrapped it around. Hopefully it won't fray as time goes by. The flowers are adhered with a glue dot. I inked/distressed the sides with a cotton ball and chocolate chip ink. The paper is adhered with modge podge.

Next is my submission for today's technique challenge...origami shirts.
(I can't seem to get links to work for some reason - although I am able to post photos - I feel like I must have pushed a wrong button somewhere and disabled something! UGH!)


I will admit, I had a rough time at first getting the collar to work right but I finally figured it out and then wondered why I couldn't get it the first time - duh!!! This shirt is as wrinkled at dh's shirts now!!! This is a fun one! I used parchment like text/copy paper and stamped the plaid with my DRS plaid stamps in bluss blue and certainly celery. The blue background is stamped with my DRS dotted background stamp and you probably remember the sentiment from some previous posts. I paper pierced and faux stitched around the outside - done! A quick card once I got the hang of making the shirt!!

Well, that's all I have time for today...off to make the girls dinner and then we are off to the 5th grade orchestra concert for dd#1 - she plays the violin!
Hope your week is off to a good start - See you soon...

2 comments:

Heidi said...

All of your military cards are wonderful! The layout is gorgeous!

Monika/Buzsy said...

I really like the pledge cards. I almost got the AF one... Great ly-outs. TFS!

Related Posts with Thumbnails