Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Super Sketch Wednesday!

It's Wednesday again!!! Sketch day over on SCS...this weeks sketch is #129 - sorry I'm not sure why I can't add links anymore...if you are running into this same problem and have a solution, please let me know...

This is a great sketch - very versatile in my opinion...I had hoped to make at least one more card today but...ran out of time as usual. DD#2 had a party at th park to go to for a boy who is moving away...so that took up most of my afternoon! But here is the card I was able to squeeze in this morning... (click on photo for a close up view)



I decided to use the colors from yesterdays challenge but I added some celery and garden green for the leaves so it doesn't "qualify" for the challenge...but that's ok, I like this combo better together with the green accents! I also decided to flip the sketch. I stamped my squiggle flower stamp in red on the red panel for my background and added my sentiment in black. My background circle is caramel and I stamped the flowers in barely banana and real red for the outline...the flower in back is stamped off for a lighter version. I pierced the caramel in the areas you could see. I used a cotton ball dipped in close to cocoa to give the edges of the red panel some definition. As a finishing touch I added buttons threaded with red floss and tied in bows for the flower centers. I really like this flower set by DRS Designs, it is very versatile...I have an idea floating around in my head for just the outline stamp...stay tuned...;-)

Hope you're having a good week...see you soon...

1 comment:

Alhambra Club said...

Lovely card, the flowers are great.

Related Posts with Thumbnails