Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Challenge Combo...

Hi there...I ran out of time completing my color challenge card yesterday...by the time I was able to have some peace and quiet I was too tired to do anything!! So, when I got up this am and saw the sketch challenge for the week (tent topper cards), I decided to "tweak" yesterdays unfinished card to cover both the color and sketch challenges for the week. Good thing too because today is the first day of the SCS dirty dare challenge week to celebrate 3 years of the SCS Fan Club!! A membership that is well worth the small amount of money it costs!! I can't wait...just hope I have time to fit all/most of the challenges in!!

So here is my card - a first birthday card for our niece...(click on photo for a closer view)



I used the butterfly from my RubberStamingFun review set - I really like this set and am pleased with the quality of the images. I outlined the butterfly with my stradust pen. The light pink scallop is popped on pop dots. I made my large scallop border on the side with my SU! slit punch. I found the "preppie" ribbon at Michaels in the $1 bin. The background stamp is the SU! swirls and blossoms. I stamped my sentiment from my Papertrey set onto my word window punches and adhered them with the brad that I used for the center of my prima.

Did you notice a difference with my backdrop??? I found a photo studio at Walmart yesterday...the backgrounds that came with it are grey and blue...I didn't really like either so I draped some muslin fabric over what is there...I need to practice with my lighting and zooming but it's a start! I'm so excited...now to make it work right!!!

I'll be back! See you soon...

2 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Love the color and tent toppers are such fun cards. Love combining challenges, great card.

Karen said...

great tent topper! Love the PINK!

Related Posts with Thumbnails