Monday, July 9, 2007

It has arrived...

my review stamp set from RubberStampingFun that is! Way back in early spring there was a banner on SCS that was offering free stamps to qualified stampers that would agree to "review" their stamps...so of course I clicked, they approved me as a reviewer, I picked my set and after a few months of waiting and wondering, my stamps arrived in my mail box today!
Check them out here: www.rubberstampingfun.com (Keep in mind that this and the other review sets have not been released to the public yet so you may not find them on their site...there are plenty of other cool stamps to tide you over though!)
Of course the set selection was all the buzz on SCS with the majority of stampers picking the same sets...no doubt those sets were cool and sets I would have liked but I decided to break away from the pack and chose set #..........2! Here they are: (click on photo for a close up)
front:





and the back view...

I have not had a chance to stamp with them yet (we're having a heat wave here in the Northeast and since we JUST turned the AC on an hour or so ago (it's on it's last legs and we're trying to spare it!) it was just too hot to go into my workshop! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow! My initial review of the stamps themselves is that they look great! The wood is nice, the stickers are already applied and the stamps are cut and mounted...at first glance I don't see the need for trimming of the rubber (other reviewers mentioned this) as my set looks pretty clean...we'll see when I actually ink them up...trimming them to my liking is not an issue for me...I do that all the time...even some machine cut stamps aren't trimmed close enough!
So there you have it...my initial review! I see alot of possibilities with this particular set...check back again for some samples!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails