Monday, August 6, 2007

First Attempt

at cracked glass!! This is a card I'm sending to my MIL - I've had this stamp for what seems like forever and this is the first time I've used it! I definitely need practice with this technique, but it is cool!



Keri S.- link on the right has an excellent tutorial on her blog of how to do this...
I think next time I will try a smaller/simpler image but I guess it's not too bad for the first go!! The background is SU! paisley stamped in bliss blue on a similar color. I think it's a little busy with the silk flower but that is there to hide the fact that the left edge didn't really get covered with the UTEE (shhhh, don't tell!!!). I've heard if you hold your heat gun under the image that it heats it more evenly - I may have to try that next time...alot of my UTEE blew off in the heating process...live and learn!!! There is cracking on the "glass" but I don't think I added enough layers to allow the brown ink to distress within the cracks...the recommended 3-4 layers (if not more) is a must!!!

I hope your week is off to a good start...see you soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails