Thursday, September 27, 2007

Tons of Stuff Thursday!

Are you ready? I have a whole bunch to show you today! First, being Thursday, it was the Ways to Use It Challenge on SCS - the challenge was to make something related to food...

First up is a cherry smile card...(click on photo for a closer look). All images by DRS Designs.



I was going for the old time kitchen look on this one! None of my full size embossing folders seem right for this so I took one of my small ones and used it in each corner. I stamped my image in black on kraft and colored with markers. The highlights on the cherries were made with my white gel pen. I stitched around the top layer and the layer behind it. I inked up just "smile..." on my sentiment stamp for the...sentiment! I added some gingham ribbon to finish it off. This is sketch is also the sketch challenge this week.

My next food related item is a candy box. All images on this one are by CC Designs. These images are from the new Halloween set.



I made the 2/5/7/10 box from last weeks challenges. This time I cut the top flap off and made a handle from a scrap of black. I attached the handle with orange eyelets. Before assembling the box, I cut my rectangle out with my coluzzle and then stamped my image in black stazon on onto a piece of transparency. I colored the image with Sharpies and then taped it to the inside of the box. The skulls were stamped all over the box prior to cutting and highlighted with my white gel pen. I doodled on the front with black marker to add a little more interest. I stamped the spider image on my tissue paper with classic black ink. Did you know they now sell Hersheys kisses in Raspberry flavored dark chocolate? That is the candy that is in front of the box...I don't like dark chocolate but I like raspberry and these are actually pretty good!!!

One more food related card!



I actually started this one last night before I knew what the challenge would be! The wheat image is one I found at my local dollar store by Inkadinkadoo. I colored it with summer sun and mustard markers. The bow was colored with my eggplant marker. I added some sparkles to the tips of the wheat with my stardust pen. I tied on some purple hemp and roughed up the focal point edges with my scissors. The patterned paper is from a Provo Craft slab of a year or two ago. Have I mentioned I like to hoard paper?! I stamped a Hero Arts "thanks" in black - my intention for this card is a Thanksgiving card...

And, last but not least, another card I worked on last night for this weeks sketch challenge...All images from the newest CC Designs release - Reindeer Games!



I flipped the sketch to accommodate the large image. The dotted paper is from a winter pack I found at Walmart last year. I colored my image with markers and doodles around the perimeter. I raised the focal point on pop dots. I added jewels on random dots for some sparkle. I also added two small white pom poms to the fringe on her scarf! What a fun set! Be sure to check it out.
As you can probably tell, cards just don't seem finished to me lately unless I stitch on them! I am getting better with my Handy Stitch...my big machine is still pouting in the corner!!!

3 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

These are great, love how you embossed the corners on your first card, and the wheat image is fantastic, the reindeer is so cute.

Anonymous said...

What awesome cards!! My oh my..you have been a busy little girl!! Love looking at your creations! TFS! :)

www.basementstamping.typepad.com

Amy said...

I absolutely love the wheat card. I'm a Kansas girl and it is so lovely. Secondly, I love how you just used the small embossing folders on the cherry card. Genious! Who'd a thunk?

Related Posts with Thumbnails