Tuesday, December 11, 2007

More Cutting!

Here are two more cards that I whipped up last night! Well, I actually finished the card for yesterday's technique challenge this morning...close enough!!! This first one was an idea that was floating around in my head and I just had to get it out!!! Not your typical Christmas card at least around here but I like it! (click on photos for closer views)

All images by DRS Designs.



I was going for a post card kind of look here! The cowboys are stamped in black craft and then heat embossed with clear powder. I cut them out and then adhered them to the trees (colored with copic markers) with pop dots. I machine stitched around the card and I was done! Oh, and I sponged the sky with bliss blue ink.

This next one is for the technique challenge for the week...gift card holders that were paper pieced.

All images by DRS Designs, the skate image is an upcoming new release!!!



The card has a pocket inside for the gift card or a special note, etc...The skates are paper pieced with white cardstock and silver cardstock on the blades. I used my giga scallop punch behind the focal circle. I machine stitched rather than adding ribbon. The flake button was from my stash! A fun, simple way to present a gift!

The color challenge for today is a bright, fun one...just can't decide whether to put a holiday spin on it or try to convince myself its warmer out than it is by doing a springy card!! Decisions, decisions...well, back to work while I decide!!!

See you soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails