Thursday, January 31, 2008

A Sticky Situation...

as in stuck together...with staples! Today's ways to use it challenge was using staples...office supply staples or the fastenator staples...I used both...

Another busy card day here today! I HAVE to scrapbook this weekend...my mom is starting to glare at me when I see her and have nothing new to show her! But, back to my cards for the day...

I was actually working on this one when the challenge popped up and what better way to finish it off than with a trusty staple!!

Images on these first two cards by DRS Designs..



The heart image is stamped on watercolor paper and the staple is attaching the ribbon to the lower portion of the card. I stitched around the perimeter...around the dp I straight stitched and where the dp and gray meet, I zig zagged!

Next up...I used my fastenator on this one! I placed a fancy staple at the bottom of the sentiment tag.



Again, used my sewing machine...I tied a bow through the tag hole and to beef it up (it looked a little scrawny) I cut another strip of ribbon and just wrapped it around the center knot. Voila! I made my own stick pin with a hat/sewing pin and some beads...it took a while but I was able to turn the end of the pin up with pliers so the beads didn't fall off and so no one would get hurt!!!

Last but not least...another look at an image from one of the new sets being released by JessicaLynnOriginal tomorrow, Feb 1, 2008.!



The dp is from a Walmart pack some time ago. I kept this one simple as you can see. I stamped the dog on a white scrap, colored and cut him out. I stitched again! This time I also stitched a green strip to the bottom...after stitching, I snipped with my sharp scissors to make grass! The sentiments are from two different Papertrey Ink sets...they are stamped in black stazon on twill tape that I found at Joannes. I'm not sure about this one...what do you think?

Don't forget the new JLO sets will be released tomorrow BUT JessicaLynn is having a pre-sale party tonight with tons of great deals! Make sure you stop by anytime between 6 - 12 (central time) TONIGHT!!!! These great deals are only available during the pre-release party!!!

Thanks for checking in!
See you soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails