Wednesday, February 13, 2008

You don't have to be Irish

to appreciate a good Irish Blessing...I decided the other day that I wanted to make something other than a card and here is the outcome!

Images by DRS Designs...



I used a square coaster - courtesy of Outback! for the base and covered both sides with black cardstock. The blessing is stamped in black craft and heat embossed with clear powder. I machine stitched a frame behind the sentiment and roughed the sentiment panel up with my edge distressor. The mottled/speckled/patterned paper is by Provo Craft - the shamrocks are a DRS background stamp - stamped in garden green. I don't have any of those really big eyelets so I made my own with gold paper and a circle punch....then I punched a hole in the center with a plain ol' hole punch and adhered them. I punched the holes through the coaster with my crop o dile. the gold shamrock (a new release by DRS) was stamped in gold craft and then heat embossed with gold powder. After I cut it out, I adhered it to the sentiment panel with a pop dot.
A quick and easy project and a great way to use up scraps!

Thanks for checking in...I'll be back later with my sketch challenge cards for the day...
See you soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails