Thursday, May 22, 2008

A fish for Dad...

Before I get to today's card, did you submit for the DRS Designs Design Team yet? Well, what are you waiting for????? Click HERE to find out all you need to know!

Thursday is the ways to use it challenge on SCS...today we had to make masculine cards...
these can be hard to make (I think I may have used too much kraft paper on this one) but when you have great guy images like this one, it makes it alot easier!!

Images by DRS Designs...



I stamped the image in navy and distressed all edges after sewing with my machine. I stamped the DRS pine bough behind the focal image so it's peeking out...I adhered the sentiment circle to a cuttlebug slider and then attached that to the card with some ribbon. The ribbon is from the Target bridal aisle...it is the satin ribbon but I turned it over to the "rough" side to give it a more masculine feel.

That's all I have for today!
See you soon...

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

I love your card. That is a perfect stamp for my crazy hunting, fishing mountain men in my family. And YES!!! I did submit to DRS. I would be very excited to just get thru round one. But I'm not expecting it. I must say you have been quite a inspiration to me in a weird kind of stalking you way. LOL No really I do love your designs and your blog and DRS all because of you. Thanks Cynthia

Denise Bryant (imchatty) said...

Thanks for the DRS info. I have long admired their stamps...thanks to your blog.

jjcreations said...

Very nice. I like the stitching and the angles...colours are awesome for Father's Day. Joan

Dawn said...

what a great card and those colours go perfect together.

Related Posts with Thumbnails