Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Bird Song...

Today's ways to use it challenge was to use...birds! I love this DRS Designs chickadee...he's so cute!!

Images by DRS Designs...



I only had time for a quick card today...this flocked paper made yesterdays sketch even easier! I found it sometime last year at Target. I stamped the bird in black and the sentiment as well. I colored some white bridal flowers with a pretty in pink marker and added a jewel to each center. Since these are made of a cardstock weight paper they are easy to fold up to look like real blossoms. I decided to use just two brads in opposing corners today for something different. I figured the flowers balanced out the corners without brads.

I have a "spa" birthday gift for a 12 year old to put together this weekend so be on the look out for that...dd picked out a strawberry theme in the scent department of the Target dollar spot! My thrifty shopper!

See you soon...

3 comments:

Heather said...

Super super gorgeous card! LOVE the added color with the beautiful flowers! Love it!

Holly Young said...

Cathy, this card is so nice! I love that the main image isn't colored because with that gorgeous background paper it didn't need it!

Holly
hogwildaboutstamping.blogspot.com

jjcreations said...

Oh I love this card....I love chickadees!!! Joan

Related Posts with Thumbnails