Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Sketchy Gift...

I've been working on a shrinky dink project (or rather it has been lying on my desk for a week now incomplete!) and when I saw today's sketch challenge on SCS I thought it would be a perfect way to display my finished project.

Images by DRS Designs...



It's a bright one!! I used the large DRS flip flop stamp and shrink plastic to make the jewelry set and then used the same stamp AND the DRS flip flop background stamp for the squares on the card. The oval for the necklace was cut with my Creative Memories cutting system. I used my SU! mini envelope template (finally!) to make a little envelope to attach to the back of the focal panel to hold the chain.
It was a little time consuming but in the end a rather simple project!

Thanks for stopping by...
See you soon...

4 comments:

Kelly L said...

Very cute! I haven't used the shrinking plastic since I was a kid. Did you trim the flip flops first, then heat? I was just wondering if they would curl up if they were too small or if the plastic is too hard to cut once it shrinks.

Heather said...

Cathy, this is super fun and cute! Wonderful colors and just darling earings and necklace! Super fun!

I've also tagged you on my blog if you would like to play along!?!?!

Cyber Hugs,
Heather

Donna Baker said...

this came out SO cute! forgot to tell you, I linked one of your cards for my makeover Monday card (check it out on my blog)

Dawn said...

Cathy
This is stunning and such a summer time card - love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails