Thursday, June 5, 2008

Care to join me?

LOL - after the afternoon I've had, I could use a drink!!! This card was made for today's ways to use it challenge on SCS - wire. My wire is the drink charm...I used a wire jump ring to attach the beads and make it look like the drink charms that everyone uses these days!

Images by DRS Designs...the sentiment is a new release!!!



I saw this color combo on Jen del Muro's blog and it definitely screams summer! The rest of the card is pretty simple...I added dazzling diamonds to the edge of the glass. The "charm" was a bugger to get on and attach but I finally succeeded!!

I'm sure if there was one, I would get the bad/mean mom award today! I told dd#2 that she could bring a fiddler crab home from school today to keep...I honestly don't know why I said yes...the non stop begging would be a good place to start but still I obviously took leave of my senses for a second!!! Anyway, we brought it home and I realized how stupid I was...we had nothing to put it in...it smelled, was ugly (oldest dd screamed when it came in the house) and I had no desire to take care of this creepy thing. I guess I thought it would come with a "house" and that it would be easier to take care of...this thing looked like more work than a fish! Anyway I finally convinced her that it wasn't fair to the crab to live here and she should find someone to take it...finally she did! Long story short...we gave it to a good home and she has forgotten about it! Kids!!!

****Reminder - only a few days left to submit for the DRS Designs Design Team search...click here for all the info you need - remember you don't need to submit anything new just three of your best offerings! Good luck!!!!

Thanks for stopping by...
See you soon...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This would be great for the Drink Up! challenge at Caardvarks ... check it out:

http://caardvarks.blogspot.com/2008/06/drink-up.html

Unknown said...

this card is fabulous! cute cute stamps!

Unknown said...

What a great card! You got a shout out over at Card of the Week.com. You can check out the post at http://www.cardoftheweek.com/2008/06/card-of-the-wee.html

Thanks for sharing your awesome work!

Dawn said...

Stunning card - such a crisp design and the colour combo is beautiful

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

I LOVE it!! That sentiment is the best ever, I am always printing it on the computer - gotta get that stamp.

It does scream summer. We are floating away here with all the rain so I could use some summer! I was going to tell ya to enter it in the Drink Up challenge - but I see someone beat me to it. :)

carrie said...

Awesome card. Love the color combo you used on it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails