Thursday, June 19, 2008

Getting Organized...

is a must!!! I took some time today to finally make myself a sketch book. The little post its and non post its were starting to get to me!! I also saw a cool planner that Lauren Meader posted based on a challenge over on the Unity Stamps forum on SCS...so I decided to give that a try too...here are the finished products...



For the sketch book, I used a scrapbook that I bought at least a year ago at the Target dollar spot. I kept both of these really simple because I know they will get alot of use and I didn't want to keep fixing them or reattaching things. The paper is by K & Co./Brenda Walton...it is embossed and very heavy. The silk flowers are by Bazzill and can be found at All That Scraps. The brads on the sketch book at by K & Co. as well, along with the paperclip sticking out of the side. I used my Papertrey Ink sentiment set on the twill tape by stamping with brown stazon ink.

The planner is to keep track of my Design Team duties...mixing everything in with my regular to do list just wasn't working! I didn't have binder that would accommodate the print outs so I took some cardboard (as the orig. poster did in her directions) and made my own outer panels. I covered them with the leftovers from my sketch book, again keeping things simple. I printed the planner pages on copy paper and adhered them to cardstock. I punched holes through my pages and outer panels with my crop-o-dile and added some binder rings to hold everything together.

Now if I could just figure out an organization system for my studio, I would be all set!!!
Thanks for stopping by...
See you soon...

1 comment:

Alhambra Club said...

These are great, love that paper, I need to get busy and create a sketch book, thanks for the incentive

Related Posts with Thumbnails