Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The gifts!!!

Finally, here are the gifts I said I would be posting! They are due today...nothing like waiting until the last minute to finish things up!!! There are only two pictured but they are all the same...I made these for dds' orchestra teachers, girl scout leaders, bus driver and also one for a friend!! The one for my friend has "friendship is the sweetest flower" stamped on the ribbon...

Images by Papertrey Ink...



a close up of the jar top...



The jars are the squarish canning jars by Ball. They are filled with Strawberries & Cream candies...don't you just love it when things all tie together!!! The berries are stamped on watercolor paper...some are popped as you can see in the close up. The butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch...punched in shimmer paper and then colored with a barely banana marker. There are two hand punch flowers with seed beads in the centers. The ribbon is red twill that was stamped with black stazon ink. Very simple and fun. The bags are lunch bags that I folded down, made a couple of hole punches and threaded the wide gingham ribbon thru. The ovals were cut with the cuttlebug graduated ovals die. I've had it forever and this is the first time I've used it - it's different but I like it! After cutting them, I ran them through my Xyron so they would be easier to attach to the bag. Easy peasy!!!

Thanks for checking in...I'm off to tackle today's color challenge!!!

A couple of reminders...

DRS Designs Design Team search deadline is this coming Sat. 6/7/08...go ahead, give it a try, you have nothing to lose!!!

CC Designs is holding a pre-release party tonight on the message board starting at 10:30p EST - stamps will be available at midnight...come on over and joing in on the fun!!!

See you soon...

2 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Adorable project, Cathy! I love those berries!

Kristine said...

SOO CUTE!! LOVE the strawberries :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails