Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Color and sketch challenges...

Oh My!!! It's Wednesday, you know what that means...the weekly Color Throwdown color challenge and the All That Scraps DT challenge...this week Jen challenged us with one of AmyR's sketches...feel free to play along with either of the challenges and post a direct link on the respective sites, to your projects!

Here is my Color Throwdown #7 project...





The colors this week were apricot, bashful blue and ballet blue...the colors are there...trust me!!! (LOL) The blues are in my shadow/background and the apricot is in the shading of the tulips! This was a perfect project to check off my to do list...I had this frame in my half bath with a water color version of the same focal image that did not withstand the test of time!! So I thought I would give the test to my new Bic Mark-its and spruce up my decor a little! The tulip stamp is one I've had for a while, by Penny Black. The button and chipboard accent are by K & Co. The chipboard came "naked"...I colored it with my black Bic and then highlighted the top just a little with a Sakura clear glaze pen. The other version was much plainer than this embellishment wise and I have to say I am really liking this one MUCH better! The frame came from the Target $1 spot at least a year or two ago. I machine stitched around the focal image and threaded a piece of apricot floss through the button. The focal image is raised on pop dots as the frame is a shadow box.

Next up is my card for the ATS DT sketch challenge...





Olivia is so much fun to color! The dp is from the DCWV Blossoms & Butterflies pad that is available through ATS. I love the glitter and added some dazzling diamonds to the clouds behind Olivia's head. The ribbon is a Fall spool from Michaels but I thought it coordinated so well and the width was just right for this sketch. I rounded some corners and not others just to change things up a bit. I added some Martha Stewart punched butterflies to mimic the ones in the paper. The sentiment is from the new CC Designs sentiment set just released last week.

I hope you can play along in one or both challenges!
Enjoy these last weeks of summer!
See you soon...

5 comments:

LeAnne said...

Pretty take on the challenge, Cathy! I love to see things other than cards...what a great use of this image!
LeAnne

Broni said...

Very pretty framed art, Cathy! How great that you made something for yourself!! And your sketch card is just adorable!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful cards, Cathy! I LOVE what you did for the Throwdown! You are really rockin' with those new markers! And I love the colors on your ATS card, too! So bright and cheery!

Jennifer Love said...

These are both so great! Beautiful work and you get to keep a little something for yourself. Love it!

itsallrosi said...

oh wow, I love these!

Related Posts with Thumbnails