Thursday, August 14, 2008

Poor Man's Copics...

Today's ways to use it challenge was to use Copic Markers...or any other kind of alcohol based markers...can you guess what I used????!!! Yup, my Bic Mark-its...I decided to dub them poor man's copics today because of their great value!!! In case you're just checking in, I found mine at Target (last week on sale for $11 and then I had a $3 coupon) for $7 - 36 markers. Here is a photo...



Granted, there aren't as many color option as the Copics, especially where blending is concerned but if you play around with them enough, you can find a combo that works. Like Copics there is a bit of a learning curve where shading, etc is concerned. Although having a full or even partial set of Copics would be nice, they are just not in my budget right now (and may never be ;-) ) but I'm happy to play with my Bics and hope that in the future they might jump on coloring craze bandwagon and come out with more colors! (Note: they come in a carry case so you can bring them with you whenever you feel like coloring!!!)

And now, onto my card for today's challenge...Images by DRS Designs...the focal image is a new image that will be available next week!



I used the sketch from yesterday on SCS...the sentiment is a separate stamp from the focal image. The cool embossing at the top is one of the new cuttlebug embossing borders. Each of the jewels covers a dot outline on the image.

Thanks for stopping by today...
See you soon...

8 comments:

Bev J. said...

Cute card and thanks for showing what the Bik markers look like.

Bev J. (Maxell on SCS)

Dawn Easton said...

OK how cool is this Cathy?! I've never seen these in Canada but will need to look next week while on vacation! Your colouring is FABULOUS!!

Kristine said...

SOOO CUTE! and WOW--what an excellent deal you got!! I've always used my SU! watercolor pencils with an aqua painter until I found a cheap set of 12 wc pencils at Bi-Mart (less than $5) that work better than SU!--not as grainy and they blend soo much better on smooth c.s. but then, colors are kinda limited. I'll have to try looking for these 36 perm. markers!! :) THANKS FOR THE TIP!!

Lena95469 said...

I also have the bics and wanted to try the coloring. You did an amazing job!

Anonymous said...

And I thought I was the only one who couldn't afford the copic markers. I thought about purchasing these markers when I was school supply shopping for my kids. I am glad to see someone took the leap and made a beautiful card with these markers. You are soooo talented and creative. Thanks for the inspiration and the nudge to go and buy.

Kelly L said...

I think your colors look beautiful with these Bic markers. Just as nice as the copics IMO, so I will have to look for these next week when I go school shopping for our boy, too. Thanks, Cathy!! :)

Mandy said...

The Bic coloring looks fantastic! Great card!

Anonymous said...

Great tip about the BICS! I'm going to look for some. I saw your panda card on the color throwdown page. Is that a stamp, and if so, where is it from? It's great! And so is the card! Did you use the Bics? It's really a rich colorful card.

Related Posts with Thumbnails