Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Merry Lady...

wishes you a Merry Christmas!!! I've said it before and I'll say it again...it's never too early to start your Christmas/holiday cards!!! Here is another simple idea for you...a monochromatic holiday card using non-traditional colors! Don't you get tired of the same ol' red and green or blue and white at the holidays? The color scheme came from today's color challenge on SCS - monochromatic colors...I knew I wanted to use this lady bug and I also knew that I didn't want to try matching a bunch of reds so this was my next choice! Sometimes you just have to work with what you have!!!

Images by DRS Designs, the lady bug is a new release - love that hat!!!



I stamped the DRS flake background in gray and black on the background panels. The lady is colored with my Bic markers. I stamped her on a scrap, colored her and then cut her out and raised her on pop dots above the original image ( I colored only her feet on the focal panel, so I didn't have to cut them out or off depending on how much coffee is still coarsing through my veins!!!) I stamped on my focal panel. Her hat and pom pom are covered with dazzling diamonds.

Did you try your hand at the ATC challenge over on the DRS Designs blog? Go ahead, give it a try and let us know! I know I'm always looking around for new inspiration...I'd love to see your ideas!

See you soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails