Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Mid-week challenges...

keep me on my toes!!! Have you noticed that I like to participate in challenges?! I really don't have alot of people that I give cards too (or that appreciate them when I do give them!!!) so the challenges get me stamping and thinking of new ways to use my stamps and other things I tend to hoard!!! It's Wednesday and that means three challenges!!!

First, our weekly Color Throwdown challenge...





All images by DRS Designs...the zig zag border on the left (stamped in versamark) is a new release...it is the image that shares space with the flower edger I showed you the other day. Don't you just love this sentiment?! The butterflies are from a larger image (see it HERE) that also has leaves on it...I simply stamped the image on a scrap and cut out when I needed. I colored over the butterflies with my Sakura glaze pen. I used a portion of my Ornare piercing template for the trails and added a mini jewel at the end. The felt flowers are from the Target dollar spot some time ago...I told you, I hoard!!!

Next up is the CC Designs/All That Scraps DT Challenge...this week is a back to school theme...I did two since I missed last week's challenge!

I used the Gone to School set on this one, which will soon be retired...I love this set...it is a must have for anyone with kids!



It's a pretty straight forward card...I stamped, I masked, I colored with my Bic markers! The felt apple is from the Target dollar spot (not recently!)...I added some snips of green and brown felt to make it look like a real apple since it was all red and I just couldn't leave well enough alone!

This one is even simpler!!! I used one of the CC Designs big backgrounds for the school paper and hand wrote the abc...the star and sentiment are from the new sentiments set and the girl is from Gone to School.



Today is also the sketch challenge over on SCS...I'll be back later!!!

See you soon...

5 comments:

Kelly L said...

LOL . . . I can definitely relate to not remembering it all. Still in my 30s, and I seem like I forget so many things. I blame it on pre-Alzheimer's *wink* but seriously . . . Your back to school cards are just adorable!! I love the images, and your coloring is fab! :) Kel

LeAnne said...

Hahahaha! Cute card--what did it look like again? Just kidding! Love this, such a fun sentiment!
LeAnne

Broni said...

All cute cards, Cathy! The first card has a sentiment that I just know was written for me! Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Cute cute cards!! Darling back to school images!! :)

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful Color Throwdown card, Cathy! I love the cardstock you used for Baja... isn't such a gorgeous shade! Your back-to-school cards are adorable. Great coloring!

Related Posts with Thumbnails