Monday, February 18, 2008

No cards today...but....

I do have a few other things!!! Today was the try a new technique challenge on SCS - envelope pouches! So, I tried two! One short and one tall!

Here's the shortie...

Images by DRS Designs...



I used the color challenge from last week for this one because I was stuck on just what colors to use! The egg that the white flocked chick is peeking out of is a sizzix die that I stamped with a cool DRS solid egg stamp...well, it's solid except for the thin line drawings that cover it...(make any sense?) well, anyway, I think it's cool and was a great way to cover the die cut. The eggs stamped on the envelope are a background stamp (they have tons so be sure to check them out!). As I mentioned this is a short pouch - I cut it on the short side because I knew I wanted to fill it with little chocolate easter eggs! I added some fun fibers left over from a funky soup can scarf to attach the tag.

And this is the tall pouch...
Images by CC Designs - Monkey Love set...



I used a blue envie this time and stamped the new dot background in blue. The monkeys were stamped on white, colored, flocked and cut out. The "leaves" are an EK Success flower punch I found at Target...I added some hole punch flowers to some of the centers. As you may know the monkey stamp in the set only faces one direction...to make one in the other direction, I stamped the image on a transperancy sheet and then flipped it onto my white scrap and pressed/rubber over the image. Depending on the ink used the image may/may not be all that dark...to fix that I went over the lines with my same color marker! Any questions on this, just let me know!

And, last but not least...a cute little mini cupcake tote! Our local grocery store sells mini cupcakes (with enough frosting to cover a dozen regular size cupcakes!) that would fit perfectly in here...for a party treat or just something special to leave on someones desk...you name it! The cupcake image is by A Chemistry With Paper and template is by ACWP's own Sharon Rivera!!!



I used Making Memories mini dot paper. The cupcake is paper pieced with some seed beads for sprinkles! I used a cupcake liner for the liner. There is a cupcake on the opposite side as well. I folded my sides a little different than the instructions...you can see them folded onto each other...I added some ribbon for carrying and done! A very quick/easy/fun project!

Well, thats it for today...the girls are on Feb break this week...we made it through the first day!!! (LOL)
See you soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails